With most gyms now closed due to the Covid-19 outbreak, it can be more difficult to get a good workout in. It can be especially difficult if you’re the type of person that thrives on group exercise…
Major publications are really worried about Alexa, Siri, and Google’s digital assistant these days. That’s because, so far, these products aren’t using generative AI, a set of machine learning models…
This week, I was at ARM TechCon in San Jose, Calif., where the chatter was more about chips than about the surprise Pacific Gas & Electric power shutoffs plaguing the region. Though the PG&E mess —…
On our most recent IoT Podcast episode, Brent called in and left us a great message. He and his teenage son have done some small projects using a low-cost Arduino circuit board but are wondering if…
Retailers are going all in on the internet of things. Whether it’s with cameras that monitor for shoplifters or sensors that track individuals via their smartphone’s Wi-Fi when they step inside a…
As we head into another gifting season and more and more connected devices make their way onto gift guides, I want to offer a cautionary note. The smart home is like a cat — mostly self-sufficient and…
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.