Digital Foundry presents its recommendation to PC game developers in delivering better ports after a dire 2022.
RTX Remix will deliver a retro ray tracing revolution and Portal with RTX is an amazing proof of concept.
Games of 2022 continues with this look at Roadwarden.
This is it - 2023 is the time to try something new! So instead of peering mysteriously into a crystal ball and pretendi…
A look at the newly announced SteamWorld Build.
A look at game designs that avoid capitalist patterns.
A look at the way that mistakes can make a game richer.
Hit Points, in case you haven't come across it before, is an incredible free newsletter from friend of Eurogamer and fo…
A fond look back at the beautiful purity of the Game Boy.
Hello! Welcome back to the Video Game City Week. In this piece, Matthew makes the case for including Shenmue's harbour …
Over the last ten years, I've interviewed many of my childhood heroes - those talented coders I used to read about in t…
Our State of the Game series continues this week with our thoughts on anime mega-hit Genshin Impact.
DICE has a history of rocky launches. Battlefield 4 stumbled out of the blocks in 2013 before months of updates got it …
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.