The Best of DAME Magazine
5 most popular DAME Magazine articles, as voted by our community.
Broad-minded media for all. mastodon: @firstname.lastname@example.org http://post.news/damemagazine. Support women-led independent journalism http://damemagazine.com/membership/
DAME Magazine on Fashion
More Is More Is More: Maximalism, Explained
For maximalists, the over-the-top outfits and decor are more than a trend, it's a lifestyle of self-expression.
DAME Magazine on Politics
American Exceptionalism Is Not So Exceptional After All
“I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism,” said then-President Barack Obama in an April…
DAME Magazine on Writing
Have We Forgotten How to Read Critically?
Shared by 397, including DP, Tactical Tech, Jesse Baer (mostly on mastodon now), sarah miller, Massimiliano Aroffo
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Work Life Doesn’t Have To Be Like This
We urgently need your help. DAME reports the stories that need to be told, from perspectives that aren’t heard enough. In times of crisis it is even more critical that these voices are not overlooked,…
America Is Literally Warring Over Words
There are four words that have been used again and again throughout American history—up through the Trump era—to justify morally dubious acts and frame…
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.