If it isn’t hilarious, do you really think anyone is going to be reading it in ten thousand years? I didn’t think so.
Some Russians embrace their country’s nihilism. Others help maintain it through their resignation and indifference.
The athletes and writers who made running into an American trend in the 1970s were hip to the way a good August or September run can “summon up the presence of death itself.”
The two armies at war today couldn’t be more different.
George’s vision of his wife without him is essential to the film, but critics continue to miss its true—and profound—meaning.
Advocate. Prose custodian. Adjunct to the life of the mind. A person in my role wears many hats—and keeps many secrets.
Stop the Steal is only a pretense for seizing control.
It’s been one year since the fall of Afghanistan. Our Afghan allies—the ones lucky enough to be alive—are still suffering.
Last month, Clay Travis’ podcast had the most listeners since its inception. This is noteworthy since Travis is a sports journalist and his podcast is, ostensibly, a show about sports. And there…
If Ethan Coen is done making movies with his brother Joel, what might that mean for projects from each Coen Brother going forward?
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.