A kaleidoscopic journey through a divided country
How the FBI’s founding director ruled from the shadows
If you want others to follow, learn to be alone with your thoughts
Revisiting an immortal 19th-century English poet
The search for traces of a beloved writer led to an uncertain pilgrimage—and a friendship that endured over distance and time
How a teenage rebel rose to the summit of British literary life
Sabine Hossenfelder considers the biggest questions in physics and philosophy
How photography rose from the margins of the art world to occupy its vital center
Brian Doyle, who died on May 27, 2017, considers the capacity of the heart—including his own. Rest in peace.
Mary Wollstonecraft’s ideas on what makes a marriage tick were downright radical for their time
«Rawls nevertheless argues that although friendship is not a democratic right, a democracy worthy of the name is impossible without it.»
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.