The Best of The A.V. Club
7 most popular The A.V. Club articles, as voted by our community.
Pop culture obsessives writing for the pop culture obsessed. Sign up for our newsletter http://avclub.com/newsletter
The A.V. Club on Politics
Kevin Costner doesn’t care what you think about his politics
Yellowstone star Kevin Costner doesn't "really care how the cookie crumbles" when it comes to his political endorsements
The A.V. Club on TV
What's the matter with Marvel?
Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania opened at the top of the box office, so why does it still feel like the MCU is losing its touch?
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
A guide to Every Game Of Thrones spin-off in development at HBO
House Of The Dragon isn't the only GOT-related series in the works. Here's everything you need to know about the seven other shows in the franchise's queue
Avatar's cultural footprint goes far beyond the obvious
How James Cameron's blockbuster—still the worldwide box office champ—changed Hollywood, influenced the MCU, and even inspired the likes of Scorsese and Herzog
Ethan Hawke on Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, and why there are no more movie stars
Hawke's new HBO Max docuseries, The Last Movie Stars, uses Newman and Woodward's careers to explore America in the 20th century
The Little Mermaid and the big casting controversy
How should Hollywood respond to the latest racist firestorm? By casting even more stars of color
Should we be concerned about The Rings Of Power?
Toxic fans have been trying to sink Amazon’s big-ticket series, but their motives—and their influence—are raising new questions
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.