The Best of Players' Tribune Football
7 most popular Players' Tribune Football articles, as voted by our community.
Players' Tribune Football on Sports
I've Got Some Things to Say
People in football love to talk about mental strength. Well, I’m the strongest dude you’re ever going to meet.
Dear England | By Gareth Southgate
Only around 1,200 players have represented England at senior men’s level. Ever.
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Privileged | By Kyle Korver
There’s an elephant in the room that I’ve been thinking about a lot over these last few weeks.
We Need to Talk About Qatar
Please keep talking about the Qatar World Cup.
Letter to My Younger Self
No matter what happens out here, I am important, I am worthy, I am valued and I matter.
You know what a real distraction is? Maintaining a lie 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for most of your career, for most of your life.
You Ain’t Never Been No Little Girl, Taylor Townsend
All I wanted — pretty much all I ever wanted, my whole life — was to play tennis.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.