The Best of Julian Shapiro
6 most popular Julian Shapiro articles, as voted by our community.
Storyteller at http://Julian.com. Startup investor at http://SeedChecks.com. Great book highlights at http://julian.com/newsletter.
Julian Shapiro on Fitness
How to Build Muscle 💪🏼
This guide summarizes the science of efficiently building muscle. It's for men and women.
Julian Shapiro on Landing Pages
Landing Page Writing & Optimization
Learn how to write and design landing pages that convince people to convert. Featuring landing page examples and optimization best practices.
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Starting Principles: How to turn great advice into action
A framework for putting advice into action. Use your Starting Principles to memorize strategies for better everyday decision-making.
«Success isn't an end state. Success is having the freedom to pursue the continual grind you most enjoy.»
Startup Growth 🎯
Learn how to acquire users through ad campaigns, A/B testing, and content marketing.
How to write an essay well
Learn how to write well. Topics include figuring out what to write about, how to write an introduction, the writing process, writing style, and copyediting.
Startup Handbook by Julian Shapiro
Julian Shapiro shows you how to learn hard things—like starting a startup and writing well.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web that make you smarter, tailored to your interests. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.