The recent spike in shoplifting is both overblown and real. And almost everyone is profiting from it (including you).
An education in “juice,” how to protect your shins, and keeping 12,000 daily tons of garbage at bay.
Getting to the bottom of a COVID-era real estate mystery.
The making of our ‘Reasons to Love New York’ cover.
It is an unavoidable intersection of power and poop.
Turf wars. Protection money. Scientology. And my boss, a man who’s half-convinced he really is Santa.
They’re cheaper than the alternatives, acceptable to the neighbors, and successful among people who were living on the street.
Even though Airbnb’s listings count has dipped this year.
A send-off to the many places, big and small, that closed in 2020.
The least you can do to make a big difference where you live
Hybrid work is supposed to be the future of the office. Except a lot of people just don’t like it.
Exploited by apps. Attacked by thieves. Unprotected by police. The city’s 65,000 bikers have only themselves to count on.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.