The Best of ArtReview_
The most popular ArtReview_ articles, as voted by our community.
The independent critical voice in contemporary art since 1949. Sign up to our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cnjYH
ArtReview_ on Gaming
The Boschian Horror of ‘Elden Ring’
The videogame, helmed by director Hidetaka Miyazaki (with worldbuilding by George R.R. Martin) taps into a history of pulp and religious art
ArtReview_ on Generative Art
AI Art and the Problem of Consent
At the dawn of the AI-driven internet, we are witnessing the revenge of free media
ArtReview_ on Philosophy
Should We Care What Hegel Really Thought of Art?
And do we need more of the great idealist philosopher’s lectures on aesthetics?
These are some all-time favorites with Refind users.
Secrets of the VIP Party: Why the 1% Love ‘Ritualised Waste’
Sociologist and former fashion model Ashley Mears examines the elite global party circuit, stretching from Art Basel Miami to London Fashion Week
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. is one of more than 10k sources we monitor.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.