The Fab Five swimming group — whose oldest member is 91 — say their routine keeps them ageing well, and the socialising is just as important as the exercise.
How does caffeine work in your body, how much can you have and is there a best time of the day to drink it? We explore the science behind your morning brew.
How we understand burnout needs to change, argues Black Dog Institute founder Gordon Parker. He says there's too much blame placed on individuals.
«That is, the stressed individual is somehow responsible for their burnout; for not being proactive or diligent enough to handle a stressful situation.»
Have you ever wondered how much of your personal information is available online? Here's your chance to find out.
For decades, the West's unwanted fashion has made its way to used-clothing markets in Africa. Now it's fuelling an environmental catastrophe.
It was the backdrop for many of the epic events narrated in the Bible, and its waters are treasured for their supposed healing powers. But the Dead Sea, the lowest place on the planet, is slipping…
AI image generators are learning from human illustrators without their consent. Now artists are speaking out.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
450k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.