Eric Solomon was heading global business marketing at Instagram – after senior-level stints at YouTube, Spotify and Google – when a sudden insight spurred him to quit the job and leave his 20-year career behind. In an engaging, at times moving article for Entrepreneur, Solomon describes that turning point, the events that led to it and the conviction that is driving his current work as a consultant, speaker and mentor. Open-minded business leaders at all levels and in any function, not only marketing, will be interested in Solomon’s renegade argument for bringing humanity – and a dose of humility – to today’s increasingly transactional workplace.
Improve your time management and productivity with these tips.
«you should keep a list of everything that distracts you. It will help you identify, and eventually, thwart these interruptions.»
It may seem counterintuitive, but absorbing information through old-fashioned books gives your brain a break.
«Reading is the best, not to mention the easiest, way to shore up our creative thinking and give our brains a break from digital overload — which, according to a 2019 Workplace Productivity Report, more than half of the workforce experiences.»
Help ensure your business grows even during a recession with these six business marketing strategies.
Here are three ways to make money on YouTube with less than 1,000 subscribers.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.