Shared by 21, including Ben Lorica 罗瑞卡
Cameron’s top man on Europe looks back and tells all about how a leader who wanted his party to stop banging on about Europe ended up destroying the UK’s place in the EU—and himself
China’s mammoth Belt and Road Initiative promises to build energy, transport and digital infrastructure across Asia – and to reach as far west as Rotterdam. Just six years in, the project has already partnered with more than 100 countries; estimates of its eventual size run as high as $1.3 trillion. But Western critics, including the EU and the International Monetary Fund, are pushing back. In a succinct article for Prospect, British journalist Isabel Hilton outlines Western objections to Beijing’s agenda and identifies the West’s best point of leverage.
The celebrated thinker once wrote that love was the most antipolitical of forces—but she also believed it had the power to change the world
«Amor mundi is no abstract, diffuse love: rather it is the difficult duty of loving one’s neighbour, and loving the world, as they are presented.»
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.