Four Ways to Turn a Bad Day Around
Some days, nothing seems to go right. Here are four steps to calm down and get things back on track.
More from Greater Good
How Much Control Do You Have Over Your Own Happiness?
Social conditions and inequality affect well-being. So, why do we keep insisting "happiness is a choice"?
«When I write that “structural forces” affect happiness, what do I mean? What does a structural force look like in society?»
Instead of Pulling Out Your Phone, Let Your Mind Wander
When we're waiting, we often have the urge to distract ourselves—but a new study finds we’d enjoy doing nothing but think.
«there were no significant differences between those who waited with or without a computer; both groups liked the experience equally.»
How Anxiety Hides in Your Habits
Before you try any tips to reduce anxiety, you have to understand your own anxiety routines, a new book argues.
«The only sustainable way to change a habit is to update its reward value,»
Ten Ways to Make Your Time Matter
Accepting our mortality helps us let go of busyness and focus on what’s most important to us in order to live a happier, more meaningful life.
«keep a “done list,” which starts empty first thing in the morning, but which you can gradually fill in throughout the day as you get things done.»
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.