This Is What Experts Say Happens To Our Brains After Taking On Marathon Meetings
It's not your imagination. Meeting fatigue is real.
«The outlet also pointed out that a 2022 report found that employee productivity more than doubled when meetings were reduced by 40%.»
More from ESSENCE
What Everyone Gets Wrong About Suicide: An Open Letter From A Black Male Survivor
A mental health advocate and suicide survivor shares his own battle with suicide ideation as he reflects on tWitch’s passing.
Missy Elliott Speaks About Inspiration, Her Career, And Longevity In The Music Industry
“As a solo artist I’ve been in the game for 25 years, but in the music industry I’ve been here for 29,” Elliott said. “It’s a huge accomplishment – especially when you’re still around."
Guaranteed Income Programs Show Why Policymakers Should Just Give Money To Black Women
These states have guaranteed income programs supporting Black women. Here's how they can affect you.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.