Einbrüche: Wo sie in der Ostschweiz häufiger passieren
In einigen Ostschweizer Gemeinden wird häufiger eingebrochen als in anderen. Unsere Auswertung zeigt, wo die Täterinnen und Täter häufiger zuschlagen, wieso sie diese Gemeinden auswählen – und wie…
Trending on Refind
300ms Faster: Reducing Wikipedia's Total Blocking Time
Have you ever been frustrated from interacting with a website that was slow to respond to your clicks or had jerky scrolling? Performance flaws like these can lead to the following: For more than…
On the trail of the Dark Avenger: the most dangerous virus writer in the world
The long read: Bulgaria in the 1980s became known as the ‘virus factory’, where hundreds of malicious computer programs were unleashed to wreak havoc. But who was writing them, and why?
The Art of Compression
The very short story can conjure a fiction out of almost nothing.
Scientists Working to Generate Electricity From Thin Air Make Breakthrough
Scientists making the "Air-gen" device have discovered that any material can be used to generate electricity from the air.
We’re effectively alone in the Universe, and that’s OK
Solitude is not a curse—it urges us to explore the mysteries of our galaxy and beyond.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.