How 'Sharing In Public' Led Me To My First Customers [Zero Paid Advertising]
Hello! Who are you and what business did you start?Hey folks! My name is Dominik Sobe and I am the solo founder of multiple bootstrapped and profitable software products which are all run under my…
More from Starter Story
How I Started A $1K/Month Blog And Newsletter Sharing Stories From Self-Taught Developers
Hello! Who are you and what business did you start?Hey! I’m Pete, I live in Scotland and I started No CS Degree. It’s a website a lot like Starter Story where I interview self-taught web developers…
Getting Fired Led Me To Build A Crypto Newsletter That Makes $360K/Year
Hello! Who are you and what business did you start?Hello, my name is Dillon and I co-founded CoinSnacks, a crypto-focused newsletter that is read by more than 70,000 people weekly. Since launching in…
Sharing Your Stuff On The Internet in 2018
I published my first piece of content in November 2017, and since then have published 80+ articles that have been seen nearly one million times (including Reddit views, which I’ll get to later).
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.