Kindergarten Friendships are Crucial. Help Your Kid Make Them.
Few school friendships survive from kindergarten to adulthood, but every school friend a child makes demonstrates an important aspect of their development.
More from Fatherly
40 Men on Turning 40: What Modern Men Feel About Reaching Middle Age
What does turning 40 mean for modern men? We asked 40 men who have recently — or are about to — turn 40 to reflect on the milestone. Here's what they said.
How to Be a Little Wiser: 3 Practical Tips From Wisdom Experts
What is wisdom? Here, according to those who study it, are some answers and practical tips for making wiser decisions in your life.
«“A highly intelligent fool may not recognize that such a tradeoff exists in the first place,”»
The “King” of Fitness Apps Is Amazing — Until You Get Hurt
Strava, the hugely popular fitness app that turns every run into a virtual race is great fun — and a great way to hurt yourself if you don't proceed with care.
Your Attention Span Is Dying — This Is How You Save It
An attention span researcher explains why our attention spans are dying, how we can regain control of them, and how doing so benefits wellbeing.
«Walk around aimlessly, or better yet, exercise, or best of all, get out into nature.»
How to Make Better Joint Decisions With Your Partner
Decisions can be tough to make as a team. This is how to sidestep the most common — and frustrating — parts of the process and come together as a unit.
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.