Machine learning is a powerful form of artificial intelligence that is affecting every industry. Here’s what you need to know about its potential and limitations and how it’s being used.
«Machine learning is a subfield of artificial intelligence that gives computers the ability to learn without explicitly being programmed.»
To support data science teams, start by pointing them toward the right problem.
«When a model improves performance on a selected metric, it may do so at the expense of other important metrics.»
Managing the future of work requires a nimble mindset focusing on small, short-term wins, and a ‘cultivate and coordinate’ approach to leadership.
«distributed leadership as collaborative, autonomous practices managed by a network of formal and informal leaders across an organization.»
Armed with lots of data, Wayfair and Spotify use the power of machine learning to create personalized experiences for their customers.
In her new book, MIT Sloan international faculty fellow Loredana Padurean shares 10 smart skills to help leaders manage the most complex of variables: people.
«listening is an active skill because it requires full attention. This requires you to be present in the moment.”»
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.