I’m Single, & I’m Not Dating. Why Is That So Hard For People To Understand?
Do you really need to be actively dating or working on your career just because you're not in a relationship?
«People are more than their relationship status, and that doesn't need to invite presumptions about what's wrong, or broken, or in the works»
More from Refinery29
How To Unlearn What Society Told Us About Outfit Repeating
Avoiding outfit repeating is a privileged mindset that almost nobody can keep up with, yet the pressures still exist.
Say More Than Gay: How LGBTQ-Inclusive Education Can Save Lives
Laws like the "Don't Say Gay" bill attempt to regulate nearly every moment of a young person’s life, reaching the hand of government into exam rooms, living rooms, locker rooms, and — the place where…
When You’re Undocumented, “Going Home” Is Complicated, Dangerous, or Even Impossible
Undocumented and formerly undocumented immigrants are journeying to their homelands for the first time since they left after obtaining certain forms of legal status or relief. While these trips are…
Breathing Is Hard, Apparently!
Not to add another thing to your plate, but apparently most of us (like up to 80%) breathe too shallowly, which can make us feel stressed and exhausted — we're not getting in enough air, after all.…
«The perfect breath, according to Maz, is also all about timing: “It’s about 5.5 seconds in and 5.5 seconds out — equal parts inhale exhale,”»
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web for every user, tailored to the user’s interests. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.