Success Is Your Enemy If You Want Happiness
Always keep pushing yourself. Because your enemy, success, is right around the corner trying to seduce you into getting comfortable.
«After achieving something (no matter how big), you enter a big black hole of comfort if you don’t watch yourself.»
More from Darius Foroux
How to Enjoy Life When Everything is More Expensive
How do you enjoy life when everything is more expensive? You don’t want to spend too much. But living without pleasure is also no good.
«When you look at history, you’ll notice that the platitude is right: History doesn’t repeat, it rhymes.»
How To Read A Self-Help Book In 90 Minutes
Do you have a lot of self-help books on your reading list? This simple system helps you to read a self-help book in 90 minutes.
Preparation: The Antidote to Fear of Failure
A study has shown we’d rather do something that could get us killed than do something new. Here how to overcome your fear of failure.
«You have to step into uncertainty. You don’t know what will happen when you start something new.»
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.