The framing effect is considered one of the largest biases in decision making. Many of our decisions are impacted by this cognitive bias.
the framing effect: a cognitive bias where people decide on options based on whether they are presented in a positive or negative way.
Do you prefer your yoghurt with 10% fat or 90% fat-free?
A simple exercise is to take the way a statement is currently framed, and to reverse it. This technique is called reversal. Take the current frame and state it in the opposite way. For instance, “this product removes 90% of stains” can become “this product leaves 10% of stains”; “