Above the Crowd | By Bill Gurley
Shared by 42, including Clemens, Marvin “Polymath but really Just Generalist” Liao, Mathias Böhm, Dominik Grolimund, Jonathan Kogan
More from Bill Gurley
All Markets Are Not Created Equal: 10 Factors To Consider When Evaluating Digital Marketplaces
Shared by 97, including Anand Sanwal, Mo Schuster, andrew chen, Martin Rajcan, Philippe Gauvin
On the Road to Recap:
Shared by 159, including Dominik Grolimund, Marc Eglon, Clemens, Diogo Mónica, Michael Robinson
The Dangerous Seduction of the Lifetime Value (LTV) Formula
Shared by 91, including Nando 💪🇦🇺🇦🇷, Jacob Jarnvall, kp, Chris Messina, blinch
Venture Capital Red Flag Checklist
In his recent bankruptcy proceeding filing, John Ray III, the new CEO and Chief Restructuring Officer at FTX, minced no words: I have over 40 years of legal and restructuring experience. I have been…
«Learning how to meet and perform an audit is part of “growing up” as a company. Some founders unfortunately have an explicit aversion to audits. From their POV, they view this step as unnecessary and bureaucratic. The problem is auditors are the “referees” in business. Insisting on running without them is the equivalent of trying to rewrite your own rules.»
How to Miss By a Mile: An Alternative Look at Uber’s Potential Market Size
Shared by 67, including Moritz Meenen, Philippe Surber, Dominik Grolimund, Charlie O'Keefe @email@example.com, Jeff Richards
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks 5 links from around the web for every user, tailored to the user’s interests. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.