- The Metaverse Is Coming And It’s A Very Big Deal
- Hey Google … what movie should I watch today? How AI can affect our decisions
- What if You Could Outsource Your To-Do List?
Leading tech companies are increasingly using AI to influence our behaviour. But how persuasive do we find virtual assistants?
Why do the companies developing, marketing, and selling virtual assistants tend to label their devices as women? And what does this mean for humans?
So what happens when the world becomes a billboard, robots have spatial reasoning and virtual assistants own the relationship with the consumer? The metaverse is coming and it's a very big deal.
Virtual assistants are one click—but often one continent—away. A new industry for bringing order to our work lives could shift the order of our workforce.
If you are thinking deploying virtual assistants for customer care, here's how to build a frictionless experience for users.
Obsessed with covering transformative technology.
The heart of tech ❤️
A Medium publication sharing concepts, ideas, and codes. Share your insights and projects with like-minded readers: http://bit.ly/write-for-tds.
Independent news from the sharpest academic minds. Read: http://theconversation.com/au Sign up: http://bit.ly/2YBhBpn Donate: http://bit.ly/2Wsvz8T
We come from the future
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on virtual assistants?
We monitor hundreds of sources on virtual assistants, including VentureBeat, TNW, Towards Data Science, The Conversation, Gizmodo, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.