- You’re Showering Too Much
- Is Sunscreen the New Margarine?
- The revival of ancient beauty rituals
- Lifehacker's Essential Science-Based Guide to Skin Care
- Skincare routine: Kim Kardashian’s SKKN has nine steps. Is that really how many skincare steps you need?
Beauty and grooming wisdom from thousands of years ago is increasingly in demand. Bel Jacobs explores the ancestral methods that are helping people to live more consciously.
Does more products equal better results? Or could a three-step skincare routine do the same thing? We ask the experts.
Wash your hands, but lay off the other parts.
«the drier and more porous someone’s skin, the more susceptible it is to irritants and allergens»
It’s back to basics, as the skincare industry has encouraged far too many to do far too much to their skin
There are two types of alcohol in skincare products – simple alcohol and fatty alcohol – and knowing which to avoid and which to embrace is essential, two experts say.
Is it possible that we've been wrong about sunscreen all along?
I never had a skincare routine until last year. I washed my face in the shower, and only applied sunscreen if I was headed to the beach. But now I’m kicking myself for not starting earlier. It turns…
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
250k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.