6 Best Articles on SEM
The most useful articles on SEM from around the web—beginners to advanced—curated by thought leaders and our community. We focus on timeless pieces and update the list whenever we discover new, must-read articles or videos—make sure to bookmark and revisit this page.
Top 5 SEM Articles
At a glance: these are the articles that have been most read, shared, and saved on SEM by Refind users in 2023 so far.
- How to Create an SEO-Friendly Website: The Complete Checklist
- How to Optimize for Google's Featured Snippets to Build More Traffic
- 5 Steps To Choose Your Customer Acquisition Channel
- Tracking Local SEO & SEM via Google Analytics, GTM, and more
- SEO vs. SEM: The Differences Explained
How to ...?
How to Create an SEO-Friendly Website: The Complete Checklist
We cover all the bases.
How to Optimize for Google's Featured Snippets to Build More Traffic
In this article, you'll receive tactical advice on how to optimize your pages for capturing featured snippets, helping to improve your traffic and making you more visible on the SERPs.
Short on time? Check out these useful short articles on SEM—all under 10 minutes.
SEO vs. SEM: The Differences Explained
Are you comparing SEO vs. SEM? Read our guide to learn the key differences between these two marketing channels.
5 Steps To Choose Your Customer Acquisition Channel
SEO, SEM, Facebook Ads, content marketing, affiliates, partnerships, email marketing, app stores…the list goes on. With so many marketing channels to choose from, a common question is “where do I…
The Ultimate Guide to SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
To ensure you're able to use SEM to properly advertise your products or services on the SERPs, we've cultivated a list of the best SEM tools, as well as the components of a SEM Ad Auction.
These are some of the most-read long-form articles on SEM.
Tracking Local SEO & SEM via Google Analytics, GTM, and more
If you’re spending money or energy on SEO, Adwords, Facebook, or any other kind of digital traffic stream and you’re not measuring how many leads you get from each source, stop what you’re doing right…
We monitor hundreds of publications, blogs, newsletters, and news sources in SEM, including:
The most trusted authority in online search with a powerful #SEO toolset proven to improve your brand's position. Whether big or small, we have the solution.
Co-founder of Neil Patel Digital. New York Times bestselling author, top 100 entrepreneur under 30 by Obama, and top 10 marketer by Forbes.
We make awesome SEO tools, powered by seriously big data. Sign up for our free weekly newsletter: http://ahrefs.com/newsletter 🌟
The Wall Street Journal
Sign up for our newsletters and alerts: http://wsj.com/newsletters | Got a tip? http://wsj.com/tips | For WSJ customer support: http://customercenter.wsj.com
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on SEM?
We monitor hundreds of sources on SEM, including Moz, Neil Patel, Ahrefs, The Wall Street Journal, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.