Never miss a talk! SUBSCRIBE to the TEDx channel: http://bit.ly/1FAg8hB With nearly a decade of experience in the animation industry, working on projects for...
Michael Hageloh spent 22 years at Apple. But he contends that he didn’t spend any of it selling. Hageloh shows the ways Apple built “magic” into its image and products through marketing that always seduced but never sold. He credits Steve Jobs as the “conductor” of the process of making consumers fall deeply in love with Apple products and in the Apple community. Though he makes a few extravagant claims – such as that Apple changed the world in ways Facebook and Google haven’t – Hageloh provides valuable marketing strategies for any company seeking to strengthen its connection to its customers.
“Everyone who writes knows the seduction of the narrative.” — Bernhard Pörksen in Die Zeit
An elegant middle finger to the putrefying swamps of the internet
“If you’re young, privileged, and interested in creating a life of meaning, of course you’d be attracted to solving problems that seem…
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
450k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.
Get the big picture on your favorite topics.