- Web scraping is legal, US appeals court reaffirms
- Fair Game — Real Life
- 6 Actionable Web Scraping Hacks for White Hat Marketers
The landmark case was bounced back to the Ninth Circuit by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Web scraping or crawling is the fact of fetching data from a third party website by downloading and parsing the HTML code to extract the data you want.But you should use an API for this !Not every…
Web scraping is an effective way to build or add to your data sets. Here’s how to get started in just a few minutes using Python.
Learn to Automate and Scrape the web with Headless Chrome
ScrapingBee is a Web Scraping API that handles proxies and Headless browser for you, so you can focus on extracting the data you want, and nothing else.
Commonly used by researchers and journalists, data scraping is an underacknowledged privacy concern
Web scraping allows you to extract any data from any web page in seconds. Take these 6 practical applications of web scraping and use them in your marketing
Taking advantage of big data doesn't necessarily require expensive tools. With a free plugin for Excel, you can scrape what you need directly into a spreadsheet and take matters into your own hands.
In this post, you'll find out more on the legal aspect of web scraping and crawling, and what possible consequences you might face.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
250k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.