- The Explosion of Pokémon Go: A Product Designer’s Perspective
- How Pokemon Go Is Driving Insane Amounts of Sales at Small, Local Businesses
- What we can learn from Pokemon GO. — Desk of van Schneider — Medium
- Pokémon Go is everything that is wrong with late capitalism
- Our boss is forcing us to play Pokémon GO during work hours
The internet and Wall Street are buzzing about the success of Pokémon Go, Nintendo’s first high-profile foray into mobile gaming. Nintendo’s market cap has grown by over $10 billion, as its shares surged 50% since its launch July 7th. It took five hours from launch to reach the top downloaded spot in the iPhone app store and […]
Pokémon Go is a huge hit, but most Americans won’t see much economic benefit.
by Tobias van Schneider first appeared on my private email list.
For $1.19 an hour, you can have more customers than you've ever seen in your life
Everyone’s playing Pokémon GO, everywhere and all the time, and this is pissing bosses off. Even here in the Netherlands, where the game has only just been released, people have been catching ’em all for two weeks thanks to an easy workaround. “This event was off the charts” Gary Vaynerchuk was so impressed with TNW […]
With a soaring 20 million daily users, Pokémon GO needs no introduction and if you haven’t played it yet, you witnessed how it took by…
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.