- How Japanese Technology Shaped Dance Music
- Uncovering How Streaming Is Changing the Sound of Pop
- This music production tool is the reason why all new music sounds the same
- The Secrets of Successful Podcast Music
- The innovators who revolutionized Black music
If you're just starting out making your own music, here's the best free music production software for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
There’s no denying that Japanese hardware - synthesizers, drum machines, and DJ gear - has exerted a huge influence on dance music. How did this island nation come to dominate music production and…
From creating message music to production advances, what Philadelphia International Records cofounders Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff built still has impact.
Hit-making songwriters and producers reveal the ways they are tailoring tracks to fit a musical landscape dominated by streaming.
Influencers Estefannie and Look Mum No Computer collaborate to produce music based on crypto's market fluctuations.
Shared by 34, including Neil Lee, Gerd Leonhard, Merkstatt@troet.cafe 📯, Graham Marshall
The producers, hosts, and composers behind This American Life, S-Town, Radiolab, and more on how they use music to enhance—but not manipulate—a listening experience.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
400k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.