- Stop calling these Dark Design Patterns or Dark UX — these are simply a**hole designs
- 6 ways to apply Mindful UX to your Daily Life
- Are Calm Technology & Design Making a Comeback?
- Designing for suicidal users: preventing suicide the modern way
- Does Your Product Respect Users’ Time & Attention? A Calm Technology Checklist
Mindful UX protects users' mental health, privacy, and mental state - and we can use it in our daily life.
Since my book on calm technology came out, I’m often asked if a specific product or product design is calm, created to seamlessly…
Have you noticed that lately some people are trying to coin the terms "Dark UX" or "Dark Design Patterns"? Not only that, but also trying…
In this article, you’ll learn 14 steps to create a more inclusive and accessible website and encourage broader audiences to interact with it.
«In making the Internet a place of equal opportunities, there are many practical benefits to making your website accessible. • Accessibility enhances the brand voice»
A world where tech can co-exist in our lives without co-opting them is going to take more than an app that tells us how far down the rabbit hole we’ve gone.
Every month, over half a million people in the US make suicide-related searches on Google. The automated response that is supposed to stop…
Fixing the problem starts from asking the right questions.
“I avoid going to the doctor. In general I try to have as little interaction with the medical health system as possible.”
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
400k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.