- Saying goodbye to the “deferred life plan”
- Smartphone is now ‘the place where we live’, anthropologists say
- A Complete Beginner's Guide To Blockchain
- The Millennial Urban Lifestyle Is About to Get More Expensive
- How 20-Year-Old Kylie Jenner Built A $900 Million Fortune In Less Than 3 Years
Forbes Welcome page -- Forbes is a global media company, focusing on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle.
I did something crazy this week. I flew down to Mexico by myself for a 4 day surf trip. No kids. No wife. Fish tacos every day. A $90 a night hotel room with youth hostel vibes. And tons of surfing.…
«You could call it the hedonic treadmill. The when-then trap. Or just an omnipresent dissatisfaction with what was directly in front of me.»
A UCL study has found people around the world feel the same about their devices as they do about their homes
«Smartphone users have become “human snails carrying our homes in our pockets”, with a tendency to ignore friends and family in favour of their device, according to a landmark study.»
In her speech at the Glamour Women of the Year awards, our 2019 honoree emphasized how important it is to use your influence and privilege to lift others up.
As WeWork crashes and Uber bleeds cash, the consumer-tech gold rush may be coming to an end.
Is this really what being an adult is like?
What her half-sister Kim Kardashian West did for booty, Jenner has done for full lips. Like Kardashian West, she has leveraged her assets to gain both fame and money. But while her sister is best-known for the former, Kylie Jenner has proved adept at the latter. In historic fashion.
Health, climate change, animal welfare... what’s driving more people and brands to embrace a plant-based lifestyle? We investigate, and, below, four vegans explain their choice
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.