- How Kubernetes Reinvented Virtual Machines (in a good sense)
- Kubernetes at GitHub
- Learning to operate Kubernetes reliably
- A Manager’s Guide to Kubernetes Adoption
- Solving common problems with Kubernetes
If you’re using Docker, the next natural step seems to be Kubernetes, aka K8s: that’s how you run things in production, right? Well, maybe. Solutions designed for 500 software engineers working on the…
Rancher Desktop is an open-source desktop application for Mac and Windows that provides Kubernetes and container management. You can choose the version of Kubernetes you want to run. Container images…
When I first learned about Kubernetes (a year and a half ago?) I really didn’t understand why I should care about it. I’ve been working full time with Kubernetes for 3 months or so and now have some…
Kubernetes is the de facto standard for running containerized applications. Kubernetes (K8s) is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.…
I’ve been learning about Kubernetes at work recently. I only started seriously thinking about it maybe 6 months ago – my partner Kamal has been excited about Kubernetes for a few years (him: “julia!…
How Virtual Machines are used to deploy services. What old problems containers solve and what new problems introduce. How Kubernetes used containers to recreate Virtual Machines?
A storytelling guide to starting k8s
It is impossible to escape hearing about Kubernetes in your organization. The red hot container orchestration technology from Google is regularly part of elevator talk and water cooler conversations.…
We recently built a distributed [cron] job scheduling system on top of [Kubernetes][kubernetes], an exciting new platform for container orchestration. Kubernetes is very popular right now and makes…
Over the last year, GitHub has gradually evolved the infrastructure that runs the Ruby on Rails application responsible for github.com and api.github.com. We reached a big milestone recently: all web…
Stripe is a global technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Help: @stripesupport. Read: @stripepress. Status: @stripestatus.
OpenAI’s mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity. We’re hiring: http://openai.com/jobs
The Twitter account that launched http://dev.to. Built on @forem 🌱 Available via toot @ThePracticalDev@Fosstodon.org
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on kubernetes?
We monitor hundreds of sources on kubernetes, including Stripe, OpenAI, DEV Community 👩💻👨💻, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.