6 Best Articles on K-Pop
The most useful articles on K-Pop from around the web—beginners to advanced—curated by thought leaders and our community. We focus on timeless pieces and update the list whenever we discover new, must-read articles or videos—make sure to bookmark and revisit this page.
Top 5 K-Pop Articles
At a glance: these are the articles that have been most read, shared, and saved on K-Pop by Refind users in 2023 so far.
- How K-pop Stars Are Leading Vital Mental Health Conversations
- QAnon followers melt down after K-Pop fans take over their hashtag
- How K-pop fans are weaponizing the internet for Black Lives Matter
- Next Stop, K-Pop: A Dizzying Tour of Seoul’s Pop Music Scene
- A K-pop musical is opening on Broadway this year
Short on time? Check out these useful short articles on K-Pop—all under 10 minutes.
How K-pop Stars Are Leading Vital Mental Health Conversations
“I tend to think that depression is a natural thing rather than a bad thing,” GOT7 leader Jay B tells Teen Vogue.
QAnon followers melt down after K-Pop fans take over their hashtag
Online trolls and far-right conspiracy theorists learned a valuable lesson this week: Do not upset Korean pop music superfans. On Sunday, K-pop stan Twitter rallied in support of the Black Lives…
How K-pop fans are weaponizing the internet for Black Lives Matter
From K-pop fancams to Disney songs, here are 5 delightful ways protest supporters are weaponizing social media
Can K-Pop Fans Save the Planet?
From fighting deforestation to lobbying in favor of eco-CDs, a small group of activists is harnessing the power of K-pop for good.
A K-pop musical is opening on Broadway this year
The production will star real-life K-pop singer Luna.
These are some of the most-read long-form articles on K-Pop.
Next Stop, K-Pop: A Dizzying Tour of Seoul’s Pop Music Scene
In an attempt to connect with his K-Pop-obsessed teenage daughter, writer Eric Weiner books two tickets to the land of BTS: Seoul, South Korea. Here’s what their trip was like.
We monitor hundreds of publications, blogs, newsletters, and news sources in K-Pop, including:
Media Matters for America is the nation's premier progressive media watchdog. Cited as a trusted source of information by Fox News' "Brain Room"
Travel as a force for good, in print and online. 🌏
Time Out New York
The best things to do in New York. Visit us at Time Out Market New York in Brooklyn.
Our world, explained.
a little chaos goes a long way ✨👊🏾
What is Refind?
Every day Refind picks the most relevant links from around the web for you. Picking only a handful of links means focusing on what’s relevant and useful. We favor timeless pieces—links with long shelf-lives, articles that are still relevant one month, one year, or even ten years from now. These lists of the best resources on any topic are the result of years of careful curation.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on K-Pop?
We monitor hundreds of sources on K-Pop, including Media Matters, AFAR Media, Time Out New York, Vox, Teen Vogue, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
200k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.