- The Unbelievable Tale of Jesus’s Wife
- The Evangelical Church Is Breaking Apart
- The long history of how Jesus came to resemble a white European
- What did Jesus wear?
- A history of authenticity, from Jesus to self-help and beyond
Today some claim that Jesus is just an idea, rather than a real historical figure, but there is a good deal of written evidence for his existence 2,000 years ago
Recent protests on racial justice have also questioned the portrayal of Jesus as a white man. An art historian explains how this image appeared and came to be marketed worldwide.
Advances in forensic science have revealed the most famous face in history.
We unpack the complex meanings behind depictions of Jesus and Mary, whose characteristic red and blue clothes underscore shifting gender roles.
There were many reasons why Jesus was portrayed in what has become the worldwide standard, and none of them were to do with preserving historical accuracy.
We may imagine Jesus in long robes with baggy sleeves, but this is far from how he would have dressed.
Christians must reclaim Jesus from his church.
The mystery of why Judas forsook Jesus goes to the heart of Christianity. A newly translated gospel offers a new view
A hotly contested, supposedly ancient manuscript suggests Christ was married. But believing its origin story—a real-life Da Vinci Code, involving a Harvard professor, a onetime Florida pornographer, and an escape from East Germany—requires a big leap of faith.
From monks to existentialists and hipsters, the search for a true self has been a centuries-long project. Should we give it up?
«We can see this confusion in a political sphere that, irrespective of ideology, prizes personal narrative and expression above solidarity.»
The best in tech, science, aerospace, DIY and auto news. Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.popularmechanics.com/email/popularmechanics-newsletter
For the art obsessed. Discover, buy, and sell art by the world’s leading artists.
Global news and insights for a new generation of business leaders. Sign up for Quartz Daily Brief 👉http://qz.com/emails/
Independent news from the sharpest academic minds. Read: http://theconversation.com/au Sign up: http://bit.ly/2YBhBpn Donate: http://bit.ly/2Wsvz8T
Exploring the American idea through ambitious, essential reporting and storytelling. Of no party or clique since 1857. http://theatlantic.com
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on jesus?
We monitor hundreds of sources on jesus, including Popular Mechanics, Artsy, Quartz, The Conversation, The Atlantic, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.