- How Blockchain will Disrupt 30+ Industries
- James Veitch: This is what happens when you reply to spam email
- Fintech Scales Vertical SaaS
- Everything You Need To Know About What Amazon Is Doing In Financial Services
- Insurance 2030--The impact of AI on the future of insurance
Suspicious emails: unclaimed insurance bonds, diamond-encrusted safe deposit boxes, close friends marooned in a foreign country. They pop up in our inboxes, and standard procedure is to delete on sight. But what happens when you reply? Follow along as writer and comedian James Veitch narrates a hilarious, weeks-long exchange with a spammer who offered to cut him in on a hot deal.
Algorithms decide who gets a loan, who gets a job interview, who gets insurance and much more -- but they don't automatically make things fair, and they're often far from scientific. Mathematician and…
Startups Boundless Rider and CoverTree raise venture money to grow their specialized insurance products.
It could be a win-win, it could cause privacy concerns
Human progress is defined by the desire to take risk -- whether that's getting married, buying a home, having kids, getting on a plane, taking a new job, even moving to earthquake country (where th…
Two industry outsiders are using AI and do-good marketing to make the centuries-old property insurance business Millennial-friendly—and make themselves rich.
What do car sales, voting, ridesharing, real estate, insurance, sports management, loyalty cards and gun tracking all have in common? These and many more industries are poised to be turned upside d…
Today, the majority of SaaS company revenue comes from subscription fees. With fintech products and services, the future may look very different.
From payments to lending to insurance to checking accounts, Amazon is attacking financial services from every angle without applying to be a conventional bank. This report is a collection of everything we know about Amazon’s forays in financial services and where it's rumored to looking next.
The industry is on the verge of a seismic, tech-driven shift. A focus on four areas can position carriers to embrace this change.
Opaque and sky high bills are breaking Americans — and our health care system.
Insurance companies have the opportunity to create new sources of revenue by rethinking their traditional roles and adopting an ecosystem mind-set.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.