- Sugar is a toxic agent that creates conditions for disease
- Happiness hacks: How to boost hormones like serotonin and dopamine in everyday life
- The Neuroscience Behind Why We Feel Stressed
- The Hook Model: when our Hormones work against us
- Female Hormones Could Provide Clues to Higher Risk of Dementia in Women
Find out what triggers happiness hormones and how to make the most of them.
We are susceptible to the Hook model because it leverages our happiness hormones. For all that, we can still learn to protect ourselves against it.
“The same stress hormones that are essential for survival can have damaging effects on both physical and mental health if they are secreted over a longer period of time.”
Certain reproductive events, such as early menstruation, early menopause, and hysterectomy were linked to an increased risk of a woman developing dementia later in life. Women who experienced…
Learn what your hormones do — and how to tell if you have a hormonal imbalance
A potent toxin that alters hormones and metabolism, sugar sets the stage for epidemic levels of obesity and diabetes
A stressful situation can trigger a cascade of stress hormones that produce well-orchestrated physiological changes. A stressful incident can make the heart pound and breathing quicken. Muscles tense…
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
450k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.
Get the big picture on your favorite topics.