- The Absolute Best Hike in Every State
- On Hiking Alone | Krista Diamond
- The 12 Best Hikes in Switzerland
- Hiking Is an Ideal Structure for Friendship
- A paradise for walkers: Germany is home to more than 150 long-distance hiking trails
An impressive network of trails, nearly all accessible by public transport, makes it easy to plan your own adventure in the Bundesrepublik
“Without this hike … it would have been one of those college friendships where you get together and talk about the old days.”
Winter backpacking doesn't have to be about suffering. For cheerful cold-weather trips, we can learn something from the Danes.
The design secrets that make hiking trails feel "organic."
An informal network of cottages, bunkhouses, and hiking shacks provides an offbeat, outdoorsy way to explore the Nordic nation.
Here is my official statement on why I do most things alone: I am a lone wolf. I am comfortable with myself. Here is another explanation: There is something about me that is fundamentally unlikeable.
Alpine scrambles and beach-front strolls; multi-day singletrack adventures and quick urban escapes; soaring trees and rolling sand dunes—every state in the country has something to offer intrepid…
With the Swiss Alps, the Aletsch Glacier, and stunning meadows, hiking in Switzerland is a buffet of possibilities. Wherever you go in Switzerland, you
We’re featuring the fifteen most beautiful hikes with a note tip as to why we think they’re so great they’re so worthwhile.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.