- The End of App Stores Is Rapidly Approaching
- Google Pay’s massive relaunch makes it an all-encompassing money app
- Scoop: Truth Social's Google Play Store holdup
- Fortnite for Android has also been kicked off the Google Play Store
- Don't Play in Google's Privacy Sandbox
Truth Social's CEO Devin Nunes and Google disagree on the current state of play.
Google says all of this data won’t be used for ads, but it’s still a lot of data to give to Google.
First Apple banned Fortnite, now Google has, too. It’s been quite a day.
Progressive web apps may soon free you from Google Play and the iOS App Store
Last week, Google announced a plan to “build a more private web.” The announcement post was, frankly, a mess. The company that tracks user behavior on over ⅔ of the web said that “Privacy is paramount…
Following a BuzzFeed News investigation, Google blacklisted six apps from its advertising services and eventually removed them from the Play app store.
We're the Electronic Frontier Foundation. We defend your civil liberties in a digital world.
Got something that needs 👀? Send us tips here: http://tips.buzzfeednews.com. Support our reporting: http://bit.ly/2VkE9pK
http://theverge.com covers life in the future.
Smart Brevity worthy of people's time, attention and trust. Subscribe to our newsletters: http://bit.ly/3hMCmVn
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on google play?
We monitor hundreds of sources on google play, including EFF, BuzzFeed News, The Verge, Axios, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.