- 6 Traits That'll Make You Indispensable at Work
- The Gig Economy Is Failing. Say Hello to the Hustle Economy.
- These are the skills you need to be successful in a hybrid environment
- Dealing with Difficult Customers? How Gig Workers Push Back
- The gig workers fighting back against the algorithms
In Jakarta, ride-hailing giant Gojek’s fleet of motorbike taxi drivers are building worker power through worker community.
When faced with difficult customers, gig workers engage in different resistance tactics to gain back some control over their jobs, according to new Wharton research.
Working for a company where some employees are remote and others are in the office requires new habits and systems.
Gig economy workers are missing out on benefits, insurance, and—thanks to stress—being able to sleep at night.
In my experience at all levels within large organizations as well as small ones, the team members valued the most, and usually promoted first, are the ones seen by others as indispensable or "goto"…
Unemployed teachers, cooks, dancers are turning to Patreon, Twitch, and OnlyFans
Digital talent platforms have matured, and many companies are using them to hire skilled gig workers. Now they need to get strategic about it.
The gig economy wasn’t built in a day.
How digital platforms are increasing competition for lots of different types of work
A Conversation about Universal Basic Income with John Maynard Keynes and Paul Buchheit
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
250k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.