- Mapped: 30 Years of Deforestation and Forest Growth, by Country
- Time for some home truths about deforestation
- Indigenous peoples by far the best guardians of forests
- World’s central banks financing destruction of the rainforest
- Major fashion brands linked to deforestation in the Amazon, report finds
Corporate bonds intended to inject liquidity into markets profited companies engaged in deforestation
Preserving Latin America’s forests is vital to fight the climate crisis and deforestation is lower in indigenous territories
Obscure supply chains connect at least 100 companies to illegal logging and land clearing in Brazil.
As industrial agriculture, mining and logging have barreled across the Amazon rainforest in recent decades, fires and deforestation have dramatically reduced the habitat of tens of thousands of plant…
«“There’s so much illegality in the gold supply chain,” said Raoni Rajão, an associate professor at UFMG and one of the report’s authors.»
A powerful French book punctures the myth that countries in the global south are largely responsible for habitat destruction, says science journalist Laura Spinney
Forests are the great carbon capturers of our planet, and they are a key source of wildlife habitats and vital resources for people around the world. But deforestation is threatening this natural…
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
250k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.