- Do Things that Don't Scale
- Understanding Customer Acquisition Costs — Growth Hacking, Marketing and Venture Capital
- How To Design Lead Nurturing, Lead Scoring, and Drip Email Campaigns
- How To Become A Customer Acquisition Expert — Brian Balfour's Coelevate
- The One Growth Metric that Moves Acquisition, Monetization, and Virality
In my previous article, How To Track Customer Acquisitions: Customer Lifecycle, Sales Funnel, and Content Strategy, I described how…
I started my career out as a “product guy.” But about 4 years ago I realized that product was a small piece of the startup puzzle. I became fascinated with how products were growing. Thus, my journey on learning growth and customer acquisition began. Here is the step by step guide I wish I had when I started to learn customer acquisition.
Shirin Shahin outlines the most crucial product marketing activities that need to be done in the customer acquisition stage for an early-stage startup.
The framework VCs use
There are five key elements behind a strong sales funnel. Focus on raising awareness of your business. More tips included to optimize sales funnels.
Customer Acquisition is one of the key activities of every SaaS Businesses. Discover the key elements to be successful in getting more customers online.
SEO, SEM, Facebook Ads, content marketing, affiliates, partnerships, email marketing, app stores…the list goes on. With so many marketing channels to choose from, a common question is “where do I…
In 2014, my team and I had been digging into retention for our new HubSpot Sales product. The more we unearthed, the more I realized how critical improving retention was to blowing out the product’s…
July 2013One of the most common types of advice we give at Y Combinator is to do things that don't scale. A lot of would-be founders believe that startups either take off or don't. You build…
«the unscalable things you have to do to get started are not merely a necessary evil, but change the company permanently for the better.»
Draft presentation slides for my Stanford class on customer acquisition and sales. Overview on why most startups fail at acquiring customers. Covers: LTV, C…
In the many thousands of articles advising entrepreneurs on what they have to focus on to build successful startups, much has been written about three key factors: team, product and market, with pa…
The longest-running search industry resource in the world.
Reforge is the leading solution for advancing your career in Product and Growth.
Product-led growth #VentureCapital tailor-made to build expansion stage #software companies into market leaders. #ProductLedGrowth #PLG #SaaS
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on customer acquisition?
We monitor hundreds of sources on customer acquisition, including Search Engine Watch, Reforge, OpenView, Paul Graham, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.