- Want to sound and feel more confident? Ditch these 11 phrases from your vocabulary, say psychologists
- Is confidence a cult? These sociologists think so.
- The 2 Sides of Confidence
- How To Feel Confident Instead of Focus on Being Confident
- The cult of confidence: could positive thinking be making us feel less secure?
Never miss a talk! SUBSCRIBE to the TEDx channel: http://bit.ly/1FAg8hB As the Athletic Director and head coach of the Varsity Soccer team at Ryerson Univers...
In an inspiring talk, educator and activist Brittany Packnett shares three ways to crack the code of confidence— and her dream for a world where revolutionary confidence helps turn our most ambitious…
It's important to learn how to feel confident rather than be confident because confidence isn't a trait but a changeable state of being.
Learning how to be confident is important in living a fulfilling life. Learn how to gain self-confidence with these 51 simple tips.
Can ‘confidence-whisperer’ Nate Zinsser help Jamie Waters boost his wavering self-belief?
Change is hard, but it’s possible. Use motivational interviewing techniques to build your confidence, and take the plunge
Shared by 148
The words we use can have a powerful effect on our moods and confidence. Here are some negative phrases to ditch if you want to think more positively, according to behavioral scientists, researchers…
When I worked as a therapist helping people with anxiety, I quickly learned that all my anxious clients really had two goals—one obvious, one less obvious: To feel less anxious. Obviously, they wanted…
«Attention is a mental muscle. And if you don’t exercise it, your attention will get pulled around instead of you being able to control it.»
Self-doubt is a pervasive and often paralyzing concern, and research has repeatedly shown that it impacts women more than men. So what makes high-achieving women power through their self-doubt?…
«Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.»
A new book aims to show why directives to "just be more confident!" are so harmful.
«It takes all the differences and empties them out of their meaning and appears that, say, being pregnant is as significant as being disabled.»
The past decade has seen a boom in ‘confidence culture’. But behind all the positive thinking, are more cynical forces are at work?
«Tulshyan and Jodi-Ann Burey argued in a widely shared Harvard Business Review article called “Stop Telling Women They Have impostor Syndrome”,»
Deep brain stimulation not only treats psychiatric disease – it changes the whole person, boosting confidence and openness
«They told us that following DBS they felt more certain about themselves in their transactions with the world. They trusted in their own abilities for dealing with the world.»
Some twists infuriate; others are brilliant. But they both use the surprise story as a self-exploding confidence game
Evidence shows that women are less self-assured than men—and that to succeed, confidence matters as much as competence. Here's why, and what to do about it.
“Success” isn’t just having lots of money. Many people with lots of money have horribly unhappy and radically imbalanced lives.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets the most relevant links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, mark as read, read later, «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
300k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.