- How To Sell The Problem Before Selling The Solution
- The Idea Adoption Curve
- The art of starting a startup — Gagan Biyani’s advice for generating, validating, and executing on ideas
- 5 Successful Remote Businesses That Paved the Way for Modern Startups
- How Newsletters Make Money
Business modeling is about finding a systematic way to unlock long-term value for an organization while delivering valuable products and services. A business model isn't just about how a company makes money. But also the kind of incentives it is able to create for its users, the distribution networks it is able to tap into and the key partnerships a business can leverage on. In short, a business model is a holistic framework to understand, define and design your business in the marketplace.
They say that every great business addresses a real customer need.
Maven co-founder Gagan Biyani shares advice on starting a company — from generating and validating ideas, to exploring business models and finding co-founders.
Can you replicate the models of these businesses and go fully remote?
YC Continuity Partner Anu Hariharan breaks down the important metrics we look for when we’re evaluating a startup’s business model and common mistakes to avoid when measuring them.
As nontechnology companies turn to software-based business models for growth, they will need to avoid common misconceptions.
At the SaaStr Europa conference in Paris a couple of weeks ago I sat down with Joaquim Lecha, the CEO of our portfolio company Typeform…
Mapping the technology adoption curve to ideas gives insights as to which business models work on which parts of the addressable market.
An overview of the newsletter business including: business models, key players, the secret sauce, challenges and opportunities.
Pricing is of the most overwhelming and puzzling parts of business. This guide covers SaaS pricing models & strategies, activation models, & examples.
Successful business model innovation requires an understanding of how business models evolve.
In January 2016 I looked back at the first 16 months of growing BuzzSumo. I thought now, 16 months later, it was probably time to provide a further update on our progress and my reflections on running…
Free Articles from http://stratechery.com. For Daily Updates, follow @StratecheryMO. For the author, follow @benthompson.
Transforming how people lead and innovate.
We partner early with consumer, enterprise, and crypto software entrepreneurs. Our mission is to help realize rare potential. Newsletter: https://bit.ly/3r9ERGg
This is the Twitter account for the blog AVC.
Subscription Analytics & Insights. Know instantly how your business is performing and where to focus next. Part of @TheOpenStartups movement.
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on business models?
We monitor hundreds of sources on business models, including Stratechery, MIT Sloan Management Review, Greylock, avc, Baremetrics, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.