- The brilliant UI and UX design of classic 1990s anime
- Science Goes Too Far, Creates AI That Turns You Into an Anime Character
- The best anime TV shows of all time, according to IMDb
- Everything Is Anime
- AI-generated art sparks furious backlash from Japan’s anime community
Dall-E might be the hot new thing, but outside Silicon Valley, fear and outrage are ramping up.
Plus: global animation news and the words of Satoshi Kon.
We can learn a lot from the user interfaces found in anime that was made three decades ago.
Acura embraces its Japanese roots, taps into anime to introduce its revamped Type S lineup.
Thanks to researchers at video game company NCSoft, machine learning can turn you into anime.
From space sagas with bounty-hunting misfits to vengeance stories featuring a protagonist who wants to settle a score, anime offers something for everyone.
We're a global nonprofit publication covering technology beyond the Western bubble. Sign up: http://restofworld.org/newsletter/ Mastodon: http://restof.social/@restofworld
Understand the news. Support Vox with a contribution: http://vox.com/give-now
Inspiring readers to think beyond traditional boundaries & create the future of business. Subscribe to our daily newsletter: http://fastcompany.com/newsletters
SIGNS of LIFE in MUSIC, FILM & CULTURE.
The Gamer's Guide
How does Refind curate?
It’s a mix of human and algorithmic curation, following a number of steps:
- We monitor 10k+ sources and 1k+ thought leaders on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
- In addition, our users save links from around the web using our Save buttons and our extensions.
- Our algorithm processes 100k+ new links every day and uses external signals to find the most relevant ones, focusing on timeless pieces.
- Our community of active users gets 5 links every day, tailored to their interests. They provide feedback via implicit and explicit signals: open, read, listen, share, add to reading list, save to «Made me smarter», «More/less like this», etc.
- Our algorithm uses these internal signals to refine the selection.
- In addition, we have expert curators who manually curate niche topics.
The result: lists of the best and most useful articles on hundreds of topics.
How does Refind detect «timeless» pieces?
We focus on pieces with long shelf-lives—not news. We determine «timelessness» via a number of metrics, for example, the consumption pattern of links over time.
How many sources does Refind monitor?
We monitor 10k+ content sources on hundreds of topics—publications, blogs, news sites, newsletters, Substack, Medium, Twitter, etc.
Which sources does Refind monitor on anime?
We monitor hundreds of sources on anime, including Rest of World, Vox, Fast Company, Paste Magazine, Kotaku, and many more.
Can I submit a link?
Indirectly, by using Refind and saving links from outside (e.g., via our extensions).
How can I report a problem?
When you’re logged-in, you can flag any link via the «More» (...) menu. You can also report problems via email to email@example.com
Who uses Refind?
100k+ smart people start their day with Refind. To learn something new. To get inspired. To move forward. Our apps have a 4.9/5 rating.
Is Refind free?
Yes, it’s free!
How can I sign up?
Head over to our homepage and sign up by email or with your Twitter or Google account.