The Power of Mental Models
Refind helps you get a little bit smarter every day. The most relevant links for you, every morning in your inbox. Start with this hand-curated series of 7 time-tested articles from around the web, and we’ll take it from there.
Mental models help us make sense of the world. They give us a frame of reference when we encounter a new situation, and thus help us reduce complexity when we have to make decisions. The more mental models you know, and can apply to a certain situation, the more likely you'll have a useful one to make better decisions. This Deep Dive gives you a general understanding of what mental models are, and introduces you to some of the most important ones that you can use right away.
- Mental Models: The Best Way to Make Intelligent Decisions (109… and 6 other articles
- Average reading time: 7 minutes
- Topics covered: learning, brain, decision making, better living, howto
- Read or listen to articles
- From sites like Farnam Street, Ness Labs, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, every morning in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.