Take a deep dive into Impact Investing with this hand-curated series of 11 time-tested articles and videos from around the web. We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
The concept of impact investing represents an aspiring investment approach to tackle some of the most urgent global challenges, such as climate change. An impact investment is defined as an investment that creates an ecological or social return alongside financial return. In essence, it’s an investment that is designed to make the world a better place – while also making you money.
This approach is powerful because it channels into economic activities that create a positive, measurable social and environmental impact on the planet and its people. In doing so, it applies rigorous financial analysis to invest in companies or projects that can sustain themselves and flourish, such that they deliver a financial return. The duality of sustainability and financial return is thereby self-reinforcing.
This Deep Dive is a primer in impact investing, providing you with a number of nuanced perspectives on the topic.
Tillmann is co-founder and CEO with Yova Impact Investing, a financial technology company making impact investing possible for everyone. He is also founding director of the Sustainability-in-Business Lab at ETH Zurich.
- Calculating the Value of Impact Investing and 10 other articles
- Average reading time: 4 minutes
- Topics covered: economy, leadership, personal finance, philanthropy, social responsibility
- Read or listen to articles
- From sites like Harvard Business Review, CNBC, World Economic Forum, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.