How Rules Drive Innovation
Take a deep dive into How Rules Drive Innovation with this hand-curated series of 7 time-tested articles and videos from around the web. We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
I love a good set of rules. They set boundaries for behaviour and simplify complex situations. This is especially helpful in innovation because doing new things is, almost by definition, messy and uncertain.
When someone proclaims their X rules for Y, I don’t see those as edicts that I have to follow to the letter. Instead, they’re like poetry — a distillation of that person’s beliefs, experiences, and aspirations for a field they care deeply about.
This deep dive takes you through seven lists of rules that have shaped my innovation work.
Robin Kwong is Newsroom Innovation Chief at The Wall Street Journal. Exploring the future of journalism through the lens of technology, design and the power of emotions. He's also the creator of the Uber Game.
- Good design and 6 other articles
- Topics covered: design, work, creativity, principles, manifesto
- Read or listen to articles
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.